Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Journey Continues

Yesterday the man and I had to go to our church and meet with the priest to take a test. It's basically a bunch of questions designed to get subjects out in the open that you may or may not have dealt with.

It was called FOCUS, I can't remember what it stands for but it was a list of statements that you either had to agree or disagree on. And it was scantron (the high school flashbacks were nifty)

It was basically quick and easy. There really isn't a grade, and if you're tests don't match up it's not like the priest won't marry us. It's just an interesting exercise that he likes to have couples do.

The questions were run of the mill. But there were a few that made me laugh.
Examples:

Agree, Disagree or Undecided

Your partner does things that annoy you.
I feel pressured to get married.
My partners family is interfering with our wedding plans.
My partners appearance is too important them.
My partner acts inappropriately in public.
I think I will be uncomfortable being naked in front of my partner. BWAH HAHAH
The sexual relationship we have is an example of Jesus' love.

That's just a taste. It didn't take long but some of the questions were so weird. I am not a religious person, and I really don't like the stuffy confines that comes with church. I don't think I need to go to a building to be spiritual. But I grew up going and I believe it did mold my morals as a person, so I guess it can't be all bad.

I am trying to not talk so much about my wedding, because I find people that obsess over it to be so irritating. So if I start blathering on about it too much, someone say something.

No comments: