Monday, October 15, 2007

My So Predicted Life

I love it when people think they know me and what kind of person I am and then tell me how I am going to live me life.

One of the guys I work with thinks he knows me so well that he told me that when I have kids, I am going to be one of those over the top moms who throws extravagant parties for their kids. And he says I will do this, because I will need to "one up" the other moms. Anyone that knows me knows I am not that kind of person. I don't do things to make myself look better than someone else or to show off what I have.

Nothing I own is flashy or over the top or extravagant. I wasn't brought up that way. And I also don't really like being the center of attention and those types of things tend to make you just that.

The man and I were raised basically the same. Birthday parties were either mostly family or parties at the house. I had one birthday party at McDonald's when was 6 or 7 and that was the extent of the paid venue parties and I think my brother only had one or two like that as well. Can't remember my sisters parties.
And we fully intend on raising our kids the same way. I would rather get them a really nice present then spent a few hundred bucks on the venue.

No comments: