Monday, October 29, 2007

Weekend Updateyness

Well sad to say, not much happened this weekend. Saturday was a morning of errands with the man before he had to go to work. Then I hung out with my mom and went to the local craft store. I have to send out a Save the Date cards for the wedding, and I don't feel like getting a preprinted one. So we are working on making my own.

Sunday was some house work and more errands! I ended up mowing the lawn and I killed my shoulder. I have arthritis and a messed up rotator cuff and the damn thing wouldn't start. So the pulling of the starter 40-50 times didn't help. Now it hurts to raise my arm. Owwie.

Then it was running around getting last minute things before the man goes to San Diego (for those Anchorman fans out there, the whale's vagina).

I wanted to run to Home Depot to get a few things for the next home improvement bonanza. We are trying to cheaply update the bathroom because we are having Thanksgiving at our house this year and the bathroom is gross. I already tore down the wallpaper and now I have to repair the holes left by the electrician when he rewired the whole house. I bought some linoleum stick tiles to cover the horrendous floor that is currently in there. So I will fix the walls throw some fresh paint up, cover the ugly floor, paint the trim and the door and maybe replace the old ugly faucet and the painted medicine cabinet. So I am thinking I can do all of this for roughly $250. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

dykewife said...

good luck.

empathies about the pain. ibuprofen=very good friend. so sayth a woman with bursitis in her shoulder and tennis elbow (in the same arm)